Sunday, March 18, 2012

SXSW Music 2012, Friday


So, barely recovered from my Springsteen Day, it was time to get out to see some more shows. I have my Delta Spirit pic and video on this page, even though it was officially on Thurs (the Thurs post was dedicated to Springsteen).






Back to Paste for a Rhett Miller show. Rhett's got a new solo CD, coming out in June, called The Dreamer. He debuted several songs and played several classics from his Old 97's catalog, too.








I also caught The Wedding Present, great band from Leeds, England, for the first time. Loved them. Reminded me of House Martins, Pixies.


Then on to Parkside for The Orchard's party, they just inked a big deal that involves Sony and merging with Independent Online Distribution Alliance (IODA). Rhett's using The Orchard for distribution of his CD on his own label Maximum Sunshine.





Showcase time, with some of my favorite people, Salim Nourallah and friends. This was at Cedar Street, playing before Rhett's set.



Throughout the fest, I was happy with Rhett's song selections, which included Singular Girl, Nineteen, Come Around, Designs on You, This Is What I Do, and Murder or a Heart Attack. Lots of my favorites!



Jesse Malin closed out the showcase at Cedar Street. He's a great singer-songwriter.



 
Delta Spirit
 
  
Rhett Miller - new song Out of Love 
 
 
Rhett Miller
 
  
The Wedding Present
 
  
Rhett Miller - Nineteen
 
  
Salim Nourallah
 
  
Rhett Miller - Murder or a Heart Attack

No comments: