Friday, March 09, 2012

Radiohead, Erwin Center, March 7, 2012


Radiohead's visit to Austin was nothing less than spectacular. After taping an episode of the legendary Austin City Limits TV Show on Tuesday, they put on a full show at Erwin Center on Wednesday night. The stage setting and effects were amazing. And the music achieved perfect sound, something I wouldn't think could be possible in a basketball arena. No one is doing what this band is doing. I have to admit, although I own several Radiohead CD's, before Wed. night, I don't think I could really call myself a fan. I had seen them from a distance at Lollapalooza several years ago. But this week's show intimately showcased the brilliance of Thom Yorke and his bandmates. While I am partial to several songs on The Bends, none of which were played on Wed., I loved hearing the newer material, things culled from the recent King of Limbs and In Rainbows, from a few years back, as well as a few new tracks. I feel lucky to have been in that room full of music-loving Austinites! The experience was quite transcendent.
















No comments: