Saturday, March 19, 2011

SXSW 2011, Friday Night


Liz Phair is one of my all-time favorites. I was so excited to hear that she'd be at SXSW. However, she ended up not having a showcase (as far as I know), but playing a few special things, like this at the IFC/Crossroads House. It was a weird setup, a big camera rig in the middle of the room, and a dude in the crowd with another giant camera. And, it was hot. But it was so worth it. Got to hear lots of my favorites. She plays the Perez Hilton party tonight, so I may try to catch her again. BTW, Perez was there, standing next to me for a little while before the show. I tried to surreptitiously snap the photo below, but don't think I was all that stealth. It's a terrible photo, but I think you can tell it's him.

I felt a little guilty about calling it quits early, got home around midnight. But then I realized I had been out since 9am. For Saturday, I'm going to try to catch Okkervil River, Soundtrack of our Lives, some Electric Touch and SPEAK, if all goes well. Might swing by the Rachael Ray Party. See you out there.








Perez was cool. He had his pic taken with lots of people. I snapped one for some kids with their camera.

Sondre Lerche was a nice break from the mayhem outside. He played at Central Presbyterian Church. He's a great artist, such a beautiful voice and lovely songs.



Liz Phair - Supernova


Sondre Lerche

No comments: