Thursday, April 15, 2010

Old 97's at Stubbs - April 14, 2010

You should know by now that I rarely miss a chance to see my fave's Old 97's. So, when a billing with another fave Ben Kweller came up, it was a no-brainer. Except that I forgot that I teach on Wednesday nights. Being flexible, I did a power lecture for an hour, then rushed to Austin, in time to catch Ben's closing song Penny on a Track. I hate I didn't get positioned in time for any photos of him. He's so incredible in his solo show.

The 97's were on, as usual. They are recording a new CD, but didn't unveil anything at the show. It was vintage hit after hit. And the energy... oh, the energy. Just check out the sweat dripping off Mr. Miller in these photos. Delightful men, such a pleasure to photograph.





























No comments: