Saturday, October 10, 2009

Rhett Miller, Antone's, Oct. 9, 2009



I don't think I could be any happier than I am now, after the last 48 hours. Two of my favorite touring acts visit my city. It's as if Rhett and Mr. Tweedy got together and said "Let's make this work, just for Cindy." ;-) At Antone's last night, it was Rhett Miller, lead singer of the Old 97s, now on tour with his solo band. The same 97s energy was there, but his current band mates added a power-pop feel. They played things from Rhett's solo CDs, including his most recent self-titled, as well as some things from the Old 97s catalog that don't get played often, like Nineteen and a punk-infused Barrier Reef. The brilliant dude who produced Rhett's recent CD as well as the Old 97s last, Blame It On Gravity, Salim Nourallah, was the opening act. He's great!

It's going to take me a while to come down off of this one...
















I Need to Know Where I Stand


If It's Not Love


Nineteen


Singular Girl


Salim Nourallah - Be Here Now


Stranger in My Own Skin

No comments: