Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Lemonheads, Bowery Ballroom, June 25, 2009


I wrapped up my week of concerts in NYC with a show from the Lemonheads. Lead singer Evan Dando is still playing music, and now he's joined by ex-Zero Boys Vess Ruhtenberg (bass) and Mark Cutsinger (drums) along with NYC-based guitarist, Xan Aird. Great show. All the hits I love, Outdoor Type, Into Your Arms, Rudderless, Confetti, It's a Shame About Ray, If I Could Talk. They're out promoting the new covers CD Varshons. Here are some of my photos and a few videos (the venue didn't allow recording, but I snuck in one of the Lemonheads and one of opener Varsity Drag - great band, Pixies-esque in style). Brooklyn Vegan has lots more pix, including a set list and some photos of the crowd that if I look really carefully, I can make myself out on stage right, near Evan.










My Drug Buddy


Opening Act - Varsity Drag



No comments: