Sunday, August 19, 2012

Barenaked Ladies, ACL Live, July 21, 2012

I've been a fan of BNL for a long time. 20 years to be exact. I first saw them in September of 1992, in Cincinnati, OH, at a club called Bogart's. That was just a couple months after they released their first CD Gordon. Since then, I've seen them tons of times - in many states and a few countries -  so it was great to hear that they were passing through Austin on the Last Summer on Earth Tour.

Many of their songs deal with memories and the past, so it was an appropriate theme for my 20th anniversary with them. Fun show, played all the hits. Ed did a great job on the songs that Steve used to lead (Steve's no longer with the band - sadly). It's wonderful to see these guys still making beautiful music after all this time.

I didn't have my regular camera, and my iPhone photos weren't too great. But the videos I shot are OK. Enjoy!



Long Way Back Home



Tonight is the Night I Fell Asleep At the Wheel

No comments: