Sunday, October 31, 2010

Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear - Washington, DC



I was lucky enough to be planning a trip to DC (for Online News Association - which was fantastic) when Jon Stewart announced the Rally for Sanity (or Colbert's March for Fear), which means I already had travel plans, hotel booked, etc. So, it was pretty perfect. You can see pics from the insane event. So many people in one place. I've never seen anything like it. I got lucky when the rally started and found my spot on the side that allowed me to take some great pics of Stewart/Colbert.

Didn't really get to see Jeff Tweedy, but he was there, performing with Mavis Staples. And, I'd already left my spot before Ozzy and Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam) took the stage. But it was super exciting to be part of this event. Jon's closing speech was spot on. I think he reflects how most American's feel. I love that the day was mostly full of fun, but he pulled it together, in only the way he can, with sincerity, humor and intelligence. We are lucky to have Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert to help us make sense out of the insanity of political discourse.

 

2 comments:

Four Leaf Clover said...

Great pics, Cindy... What an amazing experience.

M. Mehta said...

So fabulous that you were there!