Friday, April 24, 2009

Rhett Miller at Shady Grove

It was a lovely evening in Austin for an outdoor concert with Rhett Miller. Rhett played solo, introducing songs from his new, yet unreleased eponymous CD (expect in June). Rhett sounded great and had his trademark energy. I was able to get only a few decent images, because the Gestapo at Shady Grove prevented me from getting close enough most of the night. I did sneak up toward the end for the final two video clips.

Rhett, as well as Murry Hammond, will be playing a few shows as an opening act for their band Old 97s, so look for them coming to your town. Details at www.old97s.com.






Make sure you choose the HQ setting, if not already playing in High Quality.






1 comment:

Murray said...

Hi Cindy!

Great videos of last night's concert. Wish I could have flown down for it. I understand Rhett played "old familiar steam"--that's one of my favs. Then again, pretty much all of his/their songs are my favs. :)

One of the things I love about him is the complete abandon with which he plays and sings. I always feel like I'm watching him perform privately in his room in front of a mirror. You know? He's the absolute best!

Thanks again for the videos. Take care.

Marie