Friday, October 09, 2009

Wilco, Cedar Park Center, Oct. 8, 2009



Some weeks are average, and then some are simply magical. If having a giant music festival in your town isn't enough (check out my ACL Fest coverage in posts below...), how about having your two favorite musical acts show up before week's end. If you know me, you know I love some Wilco and some Rhett Miller. So, this Oct. 8-9 time period is my idea of perfection. Wilco started my dream 48 hours playing at the Cedar Park Center, a new hockey arena, just north of Austin. People were tentative about having to trek that far for a show, but the Austinites that made the trip were not disappointed. Wilco rocked the house, played all my favorites including Monday, Theologians, Shot in the Arm, Outta Site Outta Mind, Heavy Metal Drummer, Hate It Here, Walken, Via Chicago, I'm the Man Who Loves You, I Am Trying to Break Your Heart... the crowd singing the entire Jesus, Etc. was lovely. Yes, Mr. Tweedy, I'd rather you played two nights at Stubbs, too, but this was really, really nice. Liam Finn, son of Crowded House's Neil Finn, opened the show. Check out his funny song about people of Austin in Cedar Park below.













One By One


I Am Trying to Break Your Heart




Theologians


Liam Finn

No comments: